Skip to main content

Week-O-Fun!

Last week Micah had a mandatory week off from school so we decided to take the opportunity to have a little fun! We started the week off with lots of swimming (or you can call it splashing!). We don’t have a pool so we set up the baby pool (which is clearly too small for this big boy) and turned on the sprinklers so he could have some fun in the sun (not really we put a tent up so this white boy wouldn’t get burnt)! We also decided to take an overnight trip up to Mt. Lemmon to go camping, and also to get out of this heat!! It was awesome, while I took a little R&R in the pop-up trailer tent Matt and Micah went “exploring” like Micah would say, and the boys came back with some great fire wood for the night. Micah LOVES the outdoors and DID NOT want to leave the “BIGGGGG MOUNTAIN”! We also spent time with our great friends Ben and Sandra doing lunch, the mall and ICE CREAM. We also took him to the park where there were jumping castles, slides and obstacle courses. We ended the week with a great day and dinner at Nani and Papa’s house. Overall we had a great week and I was sad to drop him off at school yesterday. I forgot to mention we played LOTS of baseball!

Overall we are all doing great and I only have 10 weeks to go until we get to meet our baby girl! We went for our monthly (which now turns in to bi-monthly) check up and we have set the date to have her on August 20th! How are we setting a date you ask? Well because I will be having a planned C-Section, most of you know that, but because Micah was an emergency c-section we didn’t want to take any risk and we researched a VBAC and decided that this was the best option for us. We are super excited and I feel as though there is a light (little angel) at the end of the tunnel.
A few pictures (still using my IPhone as a camera)



We hope everyone is doing well!
Till next time…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Thanks...Kapri's Surgery and Recovery.

You know that sinking, useless, hopeless feeling you get when one of your children are sick or hurt? Those feelings were almost more than I could take when I went to take Kapri in for her 15 month check up on Tuesday morning and ended up in surgery Tuesday night... A little over two weeks ago Kapri began to limp on her right leg and after noticing I kept an eye on it and it would differ day to day.  Sometimes it wasn't even noticeable as she would run back and forth from her brother or just in her play.  Other times is was so noticeable I found myself holding her more than I ever had (after she learned how to walk).  I decided that it was time to call the Dr. and see what his thoughts were.  So Friday (18th) we got her in. The typical questions like, did she fall, was she pushed at school, does she have a temp, etc.  Since NONE of these symptoms seemed to be the case he wanted me to just keep her on Motrin and since she had her 15 month check up on Tuesday (...

Hello & Goodbye to Sum•mer

sum·mer 1 ˈsəmər/ noun 1 .  the warmest season of the year, in the northern hemisphere from June to August and in the southern hemisphere from December to February. I just wanted to give myself a second to really think about this thing called summer. Anyone else think this definition is just a little bit vague? It's that time of year where we get all excited to have ZERO schedule, endless electronics, the chance to travel and cram in all of the fun you planned for all year long. Then when this so called "summer" ends, you feel bamboozled, like someone just waved that 4th of July pie you went to that party to specifically eat, right in front of your face only to look...not eat. Like seriously, it was here, right in front of my face, and now... it's gone. Now, now we pack lunch every night, we get our homework in (which I don't even understand), we figure out which parent is going to be the taxi for the day, we actually have to ...

Happy Easter

We had a wonderful Easter this year, especially with Micah as he is fully aware of these characters who come and leave gifts throughout the year. This year the Easter Bunny left a trail of eggs in the hallway leading up to a candy filled Easter basket (I cringe thinking of the next dentist visit!).  Matt and I loved hearing his little feet run through the hall and then to hear him gasp each time he found an egg was too cute!   We recently became members of a new church and decided to go to mass there (we usually drive across town to our old church to go to special holiday masses with mom and dad). After mass we headed to Mom and Dad's and had an AMAZING feast! Micah was bouncing off the walls with the amount of candy he had eaten, and once again, Mom out did herself with the kids' baskets she made. Here are a few pictures!