Skip to main content

Seven

Micah! Happy 7th Birthday little man. With each passing year I think I am getting more anxious and excited to see what's in store for you! You have such a vibrant personality and you have still managed to keep your compassion towards others.

Photo Cred: www.laurakmoore.com
Seven things that you are into right now include (no particular order):
1. Maddux - You are obsessed with him! You love to kiss him, play with him, kiss him, hold him...kiss him. Whenever Daddy or I need an extra hand with him, you are ALWAYS there...and happy to do it! I love watching you love all over him, I am excited to see what your relationship with him will grow to be!
2.  Pokemon - Your birthday theme this year is in fact Pokemon and Nani isn't cutting any corners with creating you the perfect Pokemon cake (Charizard will be the topper).
3. Talking - Really, you love to talk... it even gets you in trouble at school sometimes.
4. Taekwondo - This January you will have been at it for a year and you are currently a Camo belt with an extra stripe because you are also in Leadership class.  This class was only obvious after the last few years of playing "Ninjas" with Daddy! Oh man has this class been so much fun to watch. Your confidence has sky rocketed and physically you have a 4-pac.
5. Maddux - Yes, I said it again, cause that's how much you love him.
6. Bossing Kapri around - This one was only obvious, right?! We always ask you to take care of her, be her support, show her the ropes, make sure she is ok... so it only seems fare that you are the boss? You tend to take it a bit too far, BUT watching you play WITH her and guide her when you are not bossing her around is so awesome. You two have such a special bond with each other that only you two understand.
7. Full House - Yep, this show is what I grew up on and thanks to reruns it has become your favorite!

Oh Micah, you are such a special little boy.  Your smile is infectious, your laugh is warming and our love for you is overwhelming. We love you more than words can express.

Happy Birthday Son.

Comments

laura k moore said…
this is precious :) he is such a firecracker :D love the shared details and nuances behind this stage of life! happy birthday Micah!
Gloria Alvillar said…
Micah, Happy Birthday! Your greatest gift is belonging to such a loving family. I know your grandparents well and how very much they love you. May this be an awesome year for you.

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Thanks...Kapri's Surgery and Recovery.

You know that sinking, useless, hopeless feeling you get when one of your children are sick or hurt? Those feelings were almost more than I could take when I went to take Kapri in for her 15 month check up on Tuesday morning and ended up in surgery Tuesday night... A little over two weeks ago Kapri began to limp on her right leg and after noticing I kept an eye on it and it would differ day to day.  Sometimes it wasn't even noticeable as she would run back and forth from her brother or just in her play.  Other times is was so noticeable I found myself holding her more than I ever had (after she learned how to walk).  I decided that it was time to call the Dr. and see what his thoughts were.  So Friday (18th) we got her in. The typical questions like, did she fall, was she pushed at school, does she have a temp, etc.  Since NONE of these symptoms seemed to be the case he wanted me to just keep her on Motrin and since she had her 15 month check up on Tuesday (22nd) he felt like h

What a day...

Just had to share my day from yesterday... Morning was great, minus the IPhone alarm clock that is named "Wake Up, Really Wake up and get your running shoes on"... really I named it that thinking that it would give me motivation. Seeing on how I run in the afternoon every day, I don't think it works, but I'll keep trying. every day. every morning. Sigh. Work was short as I had 2 hitting lessons scheduled so I had to get home to get set up... then it started. I saw at the office that the clouds were building in the general direction of my house, so I thought maybe there would be a chance that the lesson's would have to be canceled (I don't usually wish for this but I really wanted to spend the evening with the kids). The lighting and thunder was ridiculous! So I started to make my way and saw this... Then it occurred to me "oh $#!T" I left the equipment out, so I put the medal to the pedal and raced home. (Don't worry Mom, I didn't break