Skip to main content

Thanks for Stumbling Across Us

Whoa. It's been a minute. A LONG one. One of our newest friends whom we met through Maddux's daycare said she stumbled across our blog, so I decided to stumble across it too, and it had me in full memory effect. The blog has become more about the kids, and when they are older I want them to see what life is like when they were young.  I let it go for a while because well, 3 kids will do it to ya. So, after reading through a few of the posts, I was more than grateful that I wrote in the first place. SOOOOO many memories! So, here we go on the longest update ever...

Last time we met, Micah was 8, Kapri was 5 and you were just getting to know Maddux.  For times sake (remember 3 kids, no time) I'll bullet for ya.
Micah (9)

·       Ending 3rd grade and excelling in school, STILL a bit too talkative in class
·       Working towards his 2nd degree black belt
·       Has a new love of soccer and is pretty darn good! (Shhhhh we try and minimalize the whole soccer thing, as you know we are diamond peeps around here)
·       Likes being a part of clubs (made up by him) example: Xbox club, volleyball club and he has to type out his agendas.  I try and wrap my head around when these so-called clubs meet, like is it during lunchtime or at STEP.  I keep picturing a bunch of 9 year olds having a secret meeting about how to kill a plant if youre a zombie and visa versa, and then how can that possibly be a fun club to be in?  Or, why do you have to meet about volleyball, why cant you just go play? But whatever, I digress.
·       He and Kapri still play with each other, but only at home.  Once we hit school grounds he gets into the no sister zone.  Which makes it fun for me to tell him to walk with her or wait with her, I love seeing the ughhh why Mom, WHY reaction.
·       We were very proud earlier this month to see him make his 1st Holy Communion.

Kapri (6)
·       Ending 1st grade and is finishing up strong!
·       She tried softball for the first time this spring at did awesome. I really am hoping she gets the bug to continue, but for now she still wants to dance and be a rockstar so we will let her.
·       Kapri is my kind hearted, help others, people pleaser.  She comes home on a weekly basis with what they call kindness coins from picking up trash during her lunch break. STOP.IT. Yep, she is so sweet.
·       Kapri and Maggie are still two peas in a pod.  Both have ventured outside of their 2-person circle and have made new friends, but those two always seem to find each other at the end of each day.
·       Micah is STILL her favorite person and MANY times we have to tell her to leave him alone.  Whatever he is doing, she is or wants to be doing too.

Maddux (Just turned 3)
·       Lets get you up to speed with this third child of ours. You know the saying if you had your last one first, you would only have one”…
·       He is what I call my passionate child. When he is mad, he is PASSIONATE about being mad.  When he loves and laughs, he is PASSIONATE about it. This kid goes from 1 to 60 in less then a second. 
·       You know the other saying watch out for the terrible twos well whoever said that is wrong.  Its the THREES and it s just downright wicked.  
·       He is juuuuust a bit attached to me (strong possibility that could be my fault), and when I say attached, I mean screams bloody murder if I (when I say I I really do mean ME) dont take him to school, put him to bed, open his snack packs, give him a bath, take him to the bathroom (speaking of bathroom, potty training was an EIGHT, yep 8 month process), serve him breakfast.
·       The other side to this when he laughs, the room turns to him and everyone smiles. When he has a story to tell it always involves a car, an elephant, a mustache and a hotdog. He has to be one of the funniest 3 year olds alive.
·       He has all 4 of us wrapped around his little finger, and he knows it.
·       He has gained 2 new buddies (brothers) at school who are named Micah and Luk(ie).  Some days they are my only saving grace to get him inside the gates!!

Matt & I (10 years, coming up on 11)
·       We are doing well with the business, as we grow and learn and navigate the business world we still are finding ways to improve and get better. We will be entering our 17th year of the TIG!
·       Our goal was to find a forever home a few (FIVE) years ago, but as always, life was a bit hectic. We finally started looking a little over a year ago and didnt find the right one.  So we did what any other normal crazy person would do, we decided to find some land and build. Yep, we are totally normal insane. We found some land, and are in the closing process of the whole loan part.  Which means we will hopefully start building in the next few weeks here! Boy, what a long crazy process it has been to take this on, I am really crossing my fingers that we dont go mad waiting on this endeavor to finish. Wish us luck, say some prayers.
·       Matt is still playing Mens baseball (to the dismay of his body), and is rocking it in the Dad department. The kids have so much fun with him, and as they grow I see his witty humor seeping into them. He is the calm to my crazy.
·       I am still crazy and am coaching both high school and club softball. Our high school team just finished up with our 2nd State Championship, I couldnt be more proud of them. And with only a week off, we are now in full club ball effect. 

So, what have learned? Life is crazy busy, beautiful, hard and worth every second. Big shout out to Cheryl for stumbling across our blog life is too fast not to slow down, breath it in and write down the good, the bad and the unforgettable.  






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Thanks...Kapri's Surgery and Recovery.

You know that sinking, useless, hopeless feeling you get when one of your children are sick or hurt? Those feelings were almost more than I could take when I went to take Kapri in for her 15 month check up on Tuesday morning and ended up in surgery Tuesday night... A little over two weeks ago Kapri began to limp on her right leg and after noticing I kept an eye on it and it would differ day to day.  Sometimes it wasn't even noticeable as she would run back and forth from her brother or just in her play.  Other times is was so noticeable I found myself holding her more than I ever had (after she learned how to walk).  I decided that it was time to call the Dr. and see what his thoughts were.  So Friday (18th) we got her in. The typical questions like, did she fall, was she pushed at school, does she have a temp, etc.  Since NONE of these symptoms seemed to be the case he wanted me to just keep her on Motrin and since she had her 15 month check up on Tuesday (22nd) he felt like h

What a day...

Just had to share my day from yesterday... Morning was great, minus the IPhone alarm clock that is named "Wake Up, Really Wake up and get your running shoes on"... really I named it that thinking that it would give me motivation. Seeing on how I run in the afternoon every day, I don't think it works, but I'll keep trying. every day. every morning. Sigh. Work was short as I had 2 hitting lessons scheduled so I had to get home to get set up... then it started. I saw at the office that the clouds were building in the general direction of my house, so I thought maybe there would be a chance that the lesson's would have to be canceled (I don't usually wish for this but I really wanted to spend the evening with the kids). The lighting and thunder was ridiculous! So I started to make my way and saw this... Then it occurred to me "oh $#!T" I left the equipment out, so I put the medal to the pedal and raced home. (Don't worry Mom, I didn't break

Seven

Micah! Happy 7th Birthday little man. With each passing year I think I am getting more anxious and excited to see what's in store for you! You have such a vibrant personality and you have still managed to keep your compassion towards others. Photo Cred: www.laurakmoore.com Seven things that you are into right now include (no particular order): 1. Maddux - You are obsessed with him! You love to kiss him, play with him, kiss him, hold him...kiss him. Whenever Daddy or I need an extra hand with him, you are ALWAYS there...and happy to do it! I love watching you love all over him, I am excited to see what your relationship with him will grow to be! 2.  Pokemon - Your birthday theme this year is in fact Pokemon and Nani isn't cutting any corners with creating you the perfect Pokemon cake (Charizard will be the topper). 3. Talking - Really, you love to talk... it even gets you in trouble at school sometimes. 4. Taekwondo - This January you will have been at it for a year an