Skip to main content

Relaxing, Gymnastics & Swimming Oh My!

Just a quick update on what we have been up too!

After Matt and I came back from a RELAXING anniversary trip to Mexico I continued that with a 2 week break from hitting lessons. After thinking about it, I realized I hadn't taken a break in all the 5 years I have been doing lessons, so I figured 2 weeks was well deserved! I loved just being with the kids and using that extra time to...just be. I was "hit" hard this week, I am BOOKED all week with lessons... Can we rewind back to Mexico?

As for the kiddos... We still have Kapri in gymnastics and she LOVES going.  Mom took her last week and I think it was a treat for both of them. We also have both kids in swimming due to Kapri, she posts a threat anytime we are around water. Her fearless nature and I have a love/hate relationship and this is the part I HATE! She will walk, run, jump in a pool without thinking twice (or even knowing) the consequence... So for my sanity and anxiety level to remain somewhat sane we have taken to the professionals! As for Micah, since he is the COMPLETE opposite of Kapri, his lessons are a bit different. He is the kid that will double check that the the air in his floaties are accurate, and that the pool water temperature is just right and then proceeds to pop a squat on the stairs, this is his version of swimming. Lesson number 1 and 2 for Micah consisted of whining, then screaming back to whining (all while sitting on the steps). Which in turn for me was confusion, anger, guilt, all the way to embarrassment. Poor kid HATED going and to be honest I did too, I can't stand to see him so afraid, but we both decided that we were going to stick with it. So last week with lesson number 3 I wasn't expecting much ( I really was going to use the time to focus on what my reaction should be, instead of what is has been), luckily something clicked and the kid turned into a fish! I even had a lady sitting next to me (who apparently has been keeping tabs on us) turn to me and tell me what a difference Micah has made from the last two lessons. After that comment I figured my emotion of embarrassment was justified! Ever since last week Micah has been DYING to go back.  He wakes up every morning and tells me how many days left till swim lessons.

I will keep you posted on lesson #4!














 The kids wanted to bake banana bread... Check out the cute little apron one of my hitters and her mom made for Kapri!...I have a matching one :)








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Thanks...Kapri's Surgery and Recovery.

You know that sinking, useless, hopeless feeling you get when one of your children are sick or hurt? Those feelings were almost more than I could take when I went to take Kapri in for her 15 month check up on Tuesday morning and ended up in surgery Tuesday night... A little over two weeks ago Kapri began to limp on her right leg and after noticing I kept an eye on it and it would differ day to day.  Sometimes it wasn't even noticeable as she would run back and forth from her brother or just in her play.  Other times is was so noticeable I found myself holding her more than I ever had (after she learned how to walk).  I decided that it was time to call the Dr. and see what his thoughts were.  So Friday (18th) we got her in. The typical questions like, did she fall, was she pushed at school, does she have a temp, etc.  Since NONE of these symptoms seemed to be the case he wanted me to just keep her on Motrin and since she had her 15 month check up on Tuesday (22nd) he felt like h

What a day...

Just had to share my day from yesterday... Morning was great, minus the IPhone alarm clock that is named "Wake Up, Really Wake up and get your running shoes on"... really I named it that thinking that it would give me motivation. Seeing on how I run in the afternoon every day, I don't think it works, but I'll keep trying. every day. every morning. Sigh. Work was short as I had 2 hitting lessons scheduled so I had to get home to get set up... then it started. I saw at the office that the clouds were building in the general direction of my house, so I thought maybe there would be a chance that the lesson's would have to be canceled (I don't usually wish for this but I really wanted to spend the evening with the kids). The lighting and thunder was ridiculous! So I started to make my way and saw this... Then it occurred to me "oh $#!T" I left the equipment out, so I put the medal to the pedal and raced home. (Don't worry Mom, I didn't break

The Big Apple

{deep breath}… We did it, we made it, and we are still alive to talk about it… We made it to and from New York City with our sanity in hand! Actually we got back on the 11th of October but it has taken me a few weeks to recover from the trip, I needed a little space between me and NYC, and now that I am feeling whole again I am ready to revisit our trip. When Matt and I were invited to my college teammates wedding in NYC there was NO WAY I was missing it. For one, she’s amazing and I was soooo pumped for her, and 2… it’s NYC! My only discrepancy was to take the kids or to leave them. Well when we asked my parents if they would be willing to take them while we were away, it turned into “sure we will watch them… in NYC!” So there it was the making of a weeklong family trip to the big apple. For those of you who know how type “A” I am, I am sure you could imagine how overwhelmed I became in thinking of all the things we were going to do while we visited, so when mom and dad said we