Skip to main content

Keepin' Up and Funny Convos!

I recently received 2 different messages from 2 different family members within the same day asking how the kids were doing with the upcoming arrival of Baby Tiggas, so I thought I would catch them and the rest of the 500, 200, 100... well maybe like 10 people who MIGHT read this and be interested in how things are going over here in the Tiggas household!

First off I am 500 weeks pregnant, no, not really, I am only 26 weeks.  Which is about 6.5 months for those of you, like me, who can't count fast enough on your hands to figure out how many months that is...in weeks. Since I hit my 16 week mark (4 months) I am doing much better.  I have re-entered the world and have been functioning as a normal human.  It was pretty ugly there for a bit, but like the other pregnancies WE all got through it and I am glad that sickly part is over. Other than heart burn and the normal aches that come with a growing belly, I feel great. Matt is pretty happy for that part to be over as well, I think being a single dad with a hot-mess of a wife wasn't ideal for him. Due date will be last week in April, so I am starting to see a spec of light at the end of that "baby generating" tunnel.

Now that baby is getting bigger I am able to feel him A LOT.  Sometimes I feel like a human punching bag, but it has been fun getting Micah and Kapri to watch and feel him too.  Micah asks everyday "Mom, did baby brother kick? Can I feel?".  Kapri is completely over her disappointment in not getting a baby sister.  I think she realized that there are perks to being the only girl.  I have to say I do look at her a bit differently knowing she is my only little girl.  I might let her get away with a FEW more things than normal lately. As far as them changing or acting differently, we don't really see any change, other than excitement.  We aren't totally fooled into thinking that they won't react or act out when the baby comes, but we will cross that bridge when we get there.  All we can do now is share in the excitement and continue to talk about how each family member is special in their own way.

Both kids are doing pretty well at school. Kapri comes home everyday with paint in places I just don't understand, but then she shows me the picture that she has painted and I just melt. Like clothes, she is washable, so I really don't care how messy she gets.  Micah is doing great academic wise, but could use a bit of what we call "re-direction" when it comes to his listening skills at school. Kapri is still involved with gymnastics and is getting better with her coordination.  Poor kid could be wearing rubber shoes and still trip on a flat surface... God didn't grace her with, well, grace.  Micah is in Takwando and golf right now.  Later in the spring after golf he will start baseball! Proud moment for Matt when we registered him last week. 





















We are in the thick of preparing for March and the games, so we are pretty busy with work too.  I think I am in denial about how large I am going to feel in March and am crossing my fingers that I don't go off the deep end while trying to run the games. I think my strategy is going to be to A. invest in LOTS of extra help and B. put a recliner in my mobile office. That should do it.

I will leave you with some pretty funny bits of conversations that we have had in the last few weeks regarding Baby Tiggas.

Micah: Mom, I hope God puts a strip of blue in your belly for a boy.
Kapri: Mom, when the baby grows and gets bigger it's going to turn into a dinosaur.

Micah: How did God put the baby in there?
Me: Silence
Micah: Did he make you eat it?
Me: Silence

Kapri: How is the baby going to come out?
Micah: God is going to suck it out and the doctor is going to catch it.

Kapri: Mom, your belly is getting HUGE (with facial and hand expressions included)
Me: Thanks Kapri, believe me, I know.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Thanks...Kapri's Surgery and Recovery.

You know that sinking, useless, hopeless feeling you get when one of your children are sick or hurt? Those feelings were almost more than I could take when I went to take Kapri in for her 15 month check up on Tuesday morning and ended up in surgery Tuesday night... A little over two weeks ago Kapri began to limp on her right leg and after noticing I kept an eye on it and it would differ day to day.  Sometimes it wasn't even noticeable as she would run back and forth from her brother or just in her play.  Other times is was so noticeable I found myself holding her more than I ever had (after she learned how to walk).  I decided that it was time to call the Dr. and see what his thoughts were.  So Friday (18th) we got her in. The typical questions like, did she fall, was she pushed at school, does she have a temp, etc.  Since NONE of these symptoms seemed to be the case he wanted me to just keep her on Motrin and since she had her 15 month check up on Tuesday (22nd) he felt like h

The Big Apple

{deep breath}… We did it, we made it, and we are still alive to talk about it… We made it to and from New York City with our sanity in hand! Actually we got back on the 11th of October but it has taken me a few weeks to recover from the trip, I needed a little space between me and NYC, and now that I am feeling whole again I am ready to revisit our trip. When Matt and I were invited to my college teammates wedding in NYC there was NO WAY I was missing it. For one, she’s amazing and I was soooo pumped for her, and 2… it’s NYC! My only discrepancy was to take the kids or to leave them. Well when we asked my parents if they would be willing to take them while we were away, it turned into “sure we will watch them… in NYC!” So there it was the making of a weeklong family trip to the big apple. For those of you who know how type “A” I am, I am sure you could imagine how overwhelmed I became in thinking of all the things we were going to do while we visited, so when mom and dad said we

What a day...

Just had to share my day from yesterday... Morning was great, minus the IPhone alarm clock that is named "Wake Up, Really Wake up and get your running shoes on"... really I named it that thinking that it would give me motivation. Seeing on how I run in the afternoon every day, I don't think it works, but I'll keep trying. every day. every morning. Sigh. Work was short as I had 2 hitting lessons scheduled so I had to get home to get set up... then it started. I saw at the office that the clouds were building in the general direction of my house, so I thought maybe there would be a chance that the lesson's would have to be canceled (I don't usually wish for this but I really wanted to spend the evening with the kids). The lighting and thunder was ridiculous! So I started to make my way and saw this... Then it occurred to me "oh $#!T" I left the equipment out, so I put the medal to the pedal and raced home. (Don't worry Mom, I didn't break