Skip to main content

Your very own story…Maddux Mac

So it’s been a little chaotic in the Tiggas household with the addition of baby Maddux but nevertheless it’s been filled with so much love and joy.  I haven’t really had a second to stop and reminisce about the day Maddux was born until I started looking into daycare for him.  It was then I realized that this is going WAY.TO.FAST.  So I thought I better take a step back from what I think is a chaotic life and focus on the little man that completed our family and filled my heart.

Maddux Mac Tiggas
April 24, 2014 - 7lbs, 19in.
April 24, 2014 you were born and it happened again, I fell in love.  But this one was different, you were different.  The happiness that exuded out of me was so intense that I can still remember the feeling, and I have NEVER had it before and I am not sure I will have it again.  This “hyper-happiness” was a combination of a few things, and the number one factor was that I was holding the completion of what I have always wanted… an amazing husband and 3 kids… well there was the drugs and the fact that I wasn’t pregnant anymore that helped the situation.  But nevertheless YOU were finally here and I felt like we were complete.  Just like Kapri you were a planned C-section so there wasn’t any guessing as to when you would arrive but the anticipation was still killing us leading up to your big day. We woke up early (I don’t think your dad and I slept anyway) and we packed the bags in the brand new car that we bought just 2 days prior.  We realized a litttttle late that you, your brother and sister all wouldn’t fit in the other car…oops. When we were checking in, I remember feeling happy right away, I knew it was only a matter of a few hours that I would get to have you and then I was sad (just for a split second) that I wouldn't have you all to myself anymore.  After check-in the nurse took us back and started hooking me up to all the little gadgets and gizmos to check on you and me to make sure we both were ready for your arrival.  Nani and Papa arrived not too much later to wish us luck and before I knew it we were off to the OR. I remember feeling extremely anxious and nervous about the spinal but Dr. Laird was right there holding/hugging me and comforting me.  After the PAINFUL injection my lower half seemed to be as dead as door nail and we were ready to roll.  Your Daddy joined us and Dr. Laird was ready to roll.  After some pulling and tugging Dr. Laird pulled you out, Daddy got to cut the umbilical cord and that’s when I got to hear your voice for the first time.  THAT’S when the happiness came.  They brought you over to me and I got to kiss you, your first kiss.  Daddy and the nurses took you to make sure all the new bells and whistles worked as I stayed to get put back together, which seemed like forever.  I kept thinking that I was missing the first 45 min of your life “how dare this happen” I kept thinking.  Once I was ready I met you again and held you so close to my chest.  I knew you were it; this feeling of having an hour old baby in my arms was going to be the last time.  When the rest of the family came to meet you, everyone was trying to decide who you looked like more… Micah or Kapri.  When Micah and Kapri finally came to meet you they too fell right in love with you. We all agreed that you were the perfect mix of the both of them. I remember looking at Micah and Kapri holding you and daddy was right by my side, I looked at him and was utterly in love and overjoyed at that moment. Your first couple of days were a bit rough, relatively speaking.  You were what they called a reflux baby.  You kept gagging and choking and I would panic and hit the button to call the nurse.  They pumped your stomach 2 times and every time they took you out of the room I felt like they were taking one of my extremities away.  After 2 days of being in the hospital we took you home.   You are the completion of what God planned for us, I can’t wait to see what he has in store for you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Thanks...Kapri's Surgery and Recovery.

You know that sinking, useless, hopeless feeling you get when one of your children are sick or hurt? Those feelings were almost more than I could take when I went to take Kapri in for her 15 month check up on Tuesday morning and ended up in surgery Tuesday night... A little over two weeks ago Kapri began to limp on her right leg and after noticing I kept an eye on it and it would differ day to day.  Sometimes it wasn't even noticeable as she would run back and forth from her brother or just in her play.  Other times is was so noticeable I found myself holding her more than I ever had (after she learned how to walk).  I decided that it was time to call the Dr. and see what his thoughts were.  So Friday (18th) we got her in. The typical questions like, did she fall, was she pushed at school, does she have a temp, etc.  Since NONE of these symptoms seemed to be the case he wanted me to just keep her on Motrin and since she had her 15 month check up on Tuesday (22nd) he felt like h