Skip to main content

Happy 5th Birthday Kapri!

Kapri Kathleen...

FIVE. (Deep breath... I mean fill your belly full because the lungs are already at their capacity, deeeeeep breath). I am overjoyed, overwhelmed, excited, proud, encouraged and nervous at the thought of you getting older.  I feel like 5 is the stage where you aren't considered a toddler anymore, you are stuck in the middle of "oh she's so cute and little" and "why can't she sit still through an entire meal, she should be past that" stage. I have to stop sometimes when I look at you and remind myself that you are ONLY five. Whichever state you might be in (cuddly, angry, light spirited, clumsy and ALWAYS funny), I find myself grateful at the thought that you are a PERFECT five... And I am so happy about it.

Some things about you right now include:
1. You repeat every word, action and attitude that Micah does and has... Read earlier posts on your birthdays, and you will see that this comes as no surprise!
2. You are now fully engaged in Maddux and love seeing and playing with him... not just because Micah is.
3. You are a funny kid. i.e. "mom, you know that when cars honk it's because they are sneezing" OR "mom, if we lived in Whoo-Y-E (Hawaii) I would never be sick"
4. You have the cutest nasally-lisp of a voice that I will FOREVER miss once you grow out of it.
5. EVERYDAY you tell me multiple times a day that you love me.  Really you do, it's your nervous tic.  Whenever you are scared or super excited you immediately turn to me a say "mom (pause) I love you"..... I mean like we are in Target looking for yarn and I ask you what color you want and you give me the above response... "OK honey I love you too butt what color of yarn do you want?" Or in the morning when you get in line for class at school and the teacher opens the door and you get those nervous butterflies, turn to look at me for reassurance and whisper ever so slightly "mom (pause, gulp) I love you"...I am crossing my fingers that you never outgrow this one.
6. Maggie is still your BFF and you two play and fight just like sisters.
7. Dancing and singing are still your favorite pastimes, I love catching you in the middle of one of your own acts.
8. The motto #curlyhairdontcare fit's you like a glove.

Kapri, you are something so fierce.  You teach me to slow down and be present, because if I don't I will miss the very best of you, and there is no way I am missing that! I can't wait (well I can) to see what God has in store for you.  Daddy and I are so thankful that he chose us to witness every part of you.

Happy Birthday little girl.

Love,
Mommy & Daddy


FYI... you are in fact NOT a Braves fan... Daddy coached Micah's LLB team and they happen to be the Braves.  You were born into a Twins family my dear.
#messyhairdontcare






Comments

Unknown said…
Tears! By the way she can be a braves fan! I absolutely love your blog, wish I was creative enough to have stayed one myself. Love you Happy 5th Birthday Pri Pri!

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Thanks...Kapri's Surgery and Recovery.

You know that sinking, useless, hopeless feeling you get when one of your children are sick or hurt? Those feelings were almost more than I could take when I went to take Kapri in for her 15 month check up on Tuesday morning and ended up in surgery Tuesday night... A little over two weeks ago Kapri began to limp on her right leg and after noticing I kept an eye on it and it would differ day to day.  Sometimes it wasn't even noticeable as she would run back and forth from her brother or just in her play.  Other times is was so noticeable I found myself holding her more than I ever had (after she learned how to walk).  I decided that it was time to call the Dr. and see what his thoughts were.  So Friday (18th) we got her in. The typical questions like, did she fall, was she pushed at school, does she have a temp, etc.  Since NONE of these symptoms seemed to be the case he wanted me to just keep her on Motrin and since she had her 15 month check up on Tuesday (22nd) he felt like h

The Big Apple

{deep breath}… We did it, we made it, and we are still alive to talk about it… We made it to and from New York City with our sanity in hand! Actually we got back on the 11th of October but it has taken me a few weeks to recover from the trip, I needed a little space between me and NYC, and now that I am feeling whole again I am ready to revisit our trip. When Matt and I were invited to my college teammates wedding in NYC there was NO WAY I was missing it. For one, she’s amazing and I was soooo pumped for her, and 2… it’s NYC! My only discrepancy was to take the kids or to leave them. Well when we asked my parents if they would be willing to take them while we were away, it turned into “sure we will watch them… in NYC!” So there it was the making of a weeklong family trip to the big apple. For those of you who know how type “A” I am, I am sure you could imagine how overwhelmed I became in thinking of all the things we were going to do while we visited, so when mom and dad said we

Seven

Micah! Happy 7th Birthday little man. With each passing year I think I am getting more anxious and excited to see what's in store for you! You have such a vibrant personality and you have still managed to keep your compassion towards others. Photo Cred: www.laurakmoore.com Seven things that you are into right now include (no particular order): 1. Maddux - You are obsessed with him! You love to kiss him, play with him, kiss him, hold him...kiss him. Whenever Daddy or I need an extra hand with him, you are ALWAYS there...and happy to do it! I love watching you love all over him, I am excited to see what your relationship with him will grow to be! 2.  Pokemon - Your birthday theme this year is in fact Pokemon and Nani isn't cutting any corners with creating you the perfect Pokemon cake (Charizard will be the topper). 3. Talking - Really, you love to talk... it even gets you in trouble at school sometimes. 4. Taekwondo - This January you will have been at it for a year an