Skip to main content

We Fell off the Wagon!


We sure did… well, I fell off the blog wagon and finally have a second to catch my breath and update! I last left you way back in November, and wow, it's January.  So much has happened since then, but to save you the agony of reading till your mouse can’t scroll anymore here is a quick one…errr not so quick.

December: It was just as crazy as every December is.  Matt and I took our yearly work trip to the NFCA Convention to recruit more softball teams.  This year it was in Orlando so I was WAY PUMPED because my Uncle Mack lives out there and we got to spend a night catching up over an amazing meal he made for us (seriously the best pot roast I have EVER had). The trip went well, and I am hoping 2014 will reflect it (yeah, 2014…we recruit a full year in advance)!

Now the bad part…After a quick trip to FL we came home to find that our office had been burglarized. Computers GONE, which means our 12 years of work were GONE.  We had to learn the hard way about backing up our files! The only good thing that came out of it was that they were so nice to leave my external drive (nice or just dumb because they didn't know what it was... I’ll go with DUMB).  They did damage it and it’s now at a “recovery” place where I am hoping some guy will magically dismember it and take out a microchip and place it into another drive and BOOM, there he will see every picture that I have every taken of my children, my wedding and all the memories I have ever taken a picture of (that’s how it works, I think). My fingers are still crossed and I am praying that they can recover those files, if not; I may be asking you to send me every picture that you have of us and our family!

This year we had Kris, Melissa and Gabriella in town for Christmas so we got to spend loads of time loving all over baby G. Christmas was so fun this year with the kids, hearing Micah’s little feet run over to the tree on Christmas morning, gasping in delight then hearing those little feet come into our room to let us know that Santa had stopped at our house. Our annual Christmas Machain party was awesome. This year during the party I took a step back to wrap my head around the gathering of our family (all 50 of us) all in one home and then looked at my Grandma Machain and couldn't help but smile.  She had to be beaming with thankfulness to see what she was a part of, what God created for her and our family. God is sooo good, and we really couldn't be more blessed with what we have.

January: Recovery, Recovery and RECOVERY.  We have been working all month to get what we lost in the burglary back; which means re-designing everything from our business logo to the 1,500 college database. We are STILL trying to recreate what we have lost but it’s EVERYDAY that we find something else we don’t have. So we will just keep plugging away.

The kids are doing well; we weren't one of the lucky ones to slip by the flu epidemic.  Micah and I got hit with it and Kapri caught some nasty cold…Matt seems to be doing well (knocking on wood). The kids are back in school and things are getting back to normal.  Too bad that won’t last, we have entered TIG season, which means longer work days, less playtime and as soon as March 1st gets here Matt and I become single parents for a month.  Right now we are trying to soak in as much family time as possible. So here are some pictures (that I have finally downloaded, still trying to get over my fear of losing them). 
Another Machain tradition...Tamale party!
Christmas Eve Crab Fest!
Kapri's School Winter Festival
That's no mountain the Snowman is standing under...
Showing off our tree this year!

soooo blessed.





Comments

Ruby said…
Sorry to hear about the theft. Though despite the burglary, you guys still managed to see the silver lining. And yeah, I'm betting the bad guys were clueless on how important that external hard drive was. It's too bad not all of your important files were in there. Hopefully the tech guys are able to repair it, or at least transfer your files before the drive completely crashes.

Ruby Badcoe @ Williams Data Management
Unknown said…
Having something stolen from you is never an easy thing to handle. But it’s good to know that despite of this incident, you still had a great holiday with your family. And it's great that your hard drive wasn't stolen. At least you won't have to worry about having sensitive information stolen (if there was any), and your work and personal files are safe.

Roberta Scott @ Spectrum Information Services

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Thanks...Kapri's Surgery and Recovery.

You know that sinking, useless, hopeless feeling you get when one of your children are sick or hurt? Those feelings were almost more than I could take when I went to take Kapri in for her 15 month check up on Tuesday morning and ended up in surgery Tuesday night... A little over two weeks ago Kapri began to limp on her right leg and after noticing I kept an eye on it and it would differ day to day.  Sometimes it wasn't even noticeable as she would run back and forth from her brother or just in her play.  Other times is was so noticeable I found myself holding her more than I ever had (after she learned how to walk).  I decided that it was time to call the Dr. and see what his thoughts were.  So Friday (18th) we got her in. The typical questions like, did she fall, was she pushed at school, does she have a temp, etc.  Since NONE of these symptoms seemed to be the case he wanted me to just keep her on Motrin and since she had her 15 month check up on Tuesday (22nd) he felt like h

What a day...

Just had to share my day from yesterday... Morning was great, minus the IPhone alarm clock that is named "Wake Up, Really Wake up and get your running shoes on"... really I named it that thinking that it would give me motivation. Seeing on how I run in the afternoon every day, I don't think it works, but I'll keep trying. every day. every morning. Sigh. Work was short as I had 2 hitting lessons scheduled so I had to get home to get set up... then it started. I saw at the office that the clouds were building in the general direction of my house, so I thought maybe there would be a chance that the lesson's would have to be canceled (I don't usually wish for this but I really wanted to spend the evening with the kids). The lighting and thunder was ridiculous! So I started to make my way and saw this... Then it occurred to me "oh $#!T" I left the equipment out, so I put the medal to the pedal and raced home. (Don't worry Mom, I didn't break

The Big Apple

{deep breath}… We did it, we made it, and we are still alive to talk about it… We made it to and from New York City with our sanity in hand! Actually we got back on the 11th of October but it has taken me a few weeks to recover from the trip, I needed a little space between me and NYC, and now that I am feeling whole again I am ready to revisit our trip. When Matt and I were invited to my college teammates wedding in NYC there was NO WAY I was missing it. For one, she’s amazing and I was soooo pumped for her, and 2… it’s NYC! My only discrepancy was to take the kids or to leave them. Well when we asked my parents if they would be willing to take them while we were away, it turned into “sure we will watch them… in NYC!” So there it was the making of a weeklong family trip to the big apple. For those of you who know how type “A” I am, I am sure you could imagine how overwhelmed I became in thinking of all the things we were going to do while we visited, so when mom and dad said we